How to Block & Unblock Number on an Android Smartphone
Your phone number is scattered on the Internet and businesses or other individuals pick it for their usage. There will definitely be a particular number that is disturbing you with spam messages and calls if you are reading this article. Follow this article to find the guide to block a contact or number from which you don’t want any incoming calls or texts.
This post will be helpful for Android users. If you are an iPhone user, read How To Block & Unblock a Number On iPhone.
Below you will see the most common and easiest method used to block a contact or number using the in-built Phone app on Android phones.
How to block a contact on an Android
- Unlock your phone and open the Phone app.
- Tap on the Menu option (3 dots) found on the top-right corner.
- From the options that appear choose Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Blocked numbers.
- Select Add A Number and enter the phone number or contact.
- Tap on Block to finish the process.
Every call made from that number to yours will directly go to the Voicemail and texts will not be delivered to your phone. If you reconsider your decision of blocking a number, there is always the Unblock option to make things normal. Follow the steps given below to unblock a blocked phone number.
How to Unblock on an Android
- Open the Phone app and reach the Contacts tab.
- Tap on the More icon.
- Hit Settings and find the number you want to Unblock.
- Tap on the Minus sign (-) to unblock the number
If you want to remove a number from the blocked list, tap on Clear. Try this out and stay connected with SmartZoZ.com to get updated about all tech news and many more.
Visit Google Support to know more about blocking and unblocking numbers on an Android.