30 Amazon Alexa Commands – The Must Know Voice Command
Here is the list of the 30 most useful Alexa commands that every Alexa smart device user must know. Make your smart assistance to help you at all times.
Smart devices are everywhere today and Alexa is proven to be the preferred voice-controlled “personal assistant” above all other competing smart assistance. Alexa’s dominance will not be a surprise if we explore the product fully. Connected to smart TVs, Phones, AC, and other household smart devices this AI can do things beyond our imagination. If you are just using it to play music, here are 30 cool Alexa voice commands that you need to try.
See how HomePod can be used as an Intercom here.
The 20 most useful “OK Google” commands are given in this article.
1. Answer your calls: “Alexa, answer the call”
Answer your phone calls from where you are without reaching your phone with this command. You can also end the call with “Alexa, end the call”
2. Make a phone call: Alexa, call [contact name]” or “Alexa, call [number].”
You can make calls by using the above command. Alexa recognizes the name in contact and numbers and can make calls for you.
3. Add an event: “Alexa, add dads birthday to my calendar on Saturday at 6 PM”
If you are a person who forgets important meetings or a party, Alexa is here to add an event to your calendar and also remind you if asked for.
4. Know your schedule: “Alexa, what have I got tomorrow?”
This command can help you remind what you added to the to do list of yours and also takes commands to add new ones.
5. Send an SMS: “Alexa, send a message to [contact number]”
Use Alexa to send a text message to a contact of yours. Alexa confirms the recipient first, after which asks what to send and then sends it from your mobile phone.
6. Use it as a timer: “Alexa, set a timer for 5 minutes”
This command will help you start a timer without a watch or a phone. You can perform activities and test your abilities with this command.
7. Access Wikipedia: “Alexa, Wikipedia Amazon”
Make Alexa read out a Wikipedia page you want to. You can hear to any topic on Wikipedia with just a command.
8. Play a game: “Alexa, play rock paper scissors”
When your friends are not around and you are bored Alexa can be a great company. There are also various other games available.
9.Book a ride: “Alexa, ask Uber for a ride”
When you are in a hurry and don’t have time to take your phone and use an application to book a cab, Alexa is here to do it for you.
10. Order food: “Alexa, open dominos and place an order”
Alexa can place an order if you want it to. Alexa will take you through the booking process. You can also track your order using “Alexa, open Dominos and track my order”.
11. Buy a product online: “Alexa, add (item) to my shopping cart”/”Alexa, order items in my shopping cart”
After setting up Voice Purchasing in your Alexa app you can do shopping with just commands. After ordering, Alexa will ask for confirmation too.
12. Hear to a joke: “Alexa, tell me a joke”
Alexa can be witty when asked for. This command will make Alexa tell you a joke and sometimes that can be used with your friends too.
13. Play Audiobooks: “Alexa read [the books name]”
Alexa can read out your audiobooks and be a great narrator of your favourite story. You can also resume an Audiobook from where you left.
14. Know about a person: “Alexa, who is [name]”
If you don’t know anything about an established personality or a VIP, Alexa can tell who they are. Just use this command to know about them.
15. Do math: “Alexa, what’s 9 times 67”
When you are not in a mood to calculate in your head or you don’t have a calculator, use this command or similar ones to solve math problems.
16. Check facts: “Alexa, what is the tallest animal?”
Know new facts or check whether the facts you know are correct using this command. Alexa is smart so you can ask something complex.
17. Solve a riddle: “Alexa, give me a riddle”
Alexa can give you a riddle to tease your brain when this command is used.
18. Find definitions: “Alexa, what’s the definition of [word]”
This command will define the word you ask for and helps you to learn about new things when you are around Alexa.
19. Translate: “Alexa, how do you say [phrase] in [language]?”
After enabling Translated using the command “Alexa, enable Translated”, you can use this command to translate phrases or words to different languages.
You might like…
20. Operate your smart TV: “Alexa, open Netflix”
Smart TV’s that are compatible with Amazon Alexa can be added in the Alexa app and controlled using various commands including this. You can pause, resume, adjust audio, and do many other things with commands.
21. Light up your house: “Alexa, turn the lights on”
If your smart lights support Alexa, set it up in your Alexa app and command Alexa to turn on, turn off or dim the lights.
22. Adjust room Temperature: “Alexa, Set Bedroom to 73 degrees”
If you have an AC that is compatible with Alexa, After syncing it in the app you can adjust the temperature with this command.
23. Control your car: “Alexa, start my car”
If your car is integrated with Alexa and supports AI you can control your car using various Alexa commands including this. You can lock doors, turn on AC, and do many more with commands.
24. Find your Phone: “Alexa, find my phone”
We misplace our phones often and this command will help us find it easily. This command needs the Find My Phone application on the phone and a little setup to be done in the Alexa application.
25. Workout with Alexa: “Alexa, Start 7-minute workout”
This command will help you work out and also suggests some workouts to be done in that time.
26. Know the weather: “Alexa, what’s the weather like?”
Use this or similar commands to know about the weather in your area and carry necessary things while going out.
27. Know the scores: “Alexa, give me my sports updates”
List your favourite teams in the Alexa app and you can hear scores and other news about your teams with this command.
28. Get a Corona update: “Alexa, what’s the latest with the coronavirus?”
Corona virus has become a big part of our lives and if you want to be updated with what is happening around you Alexa can help.
29. Hear to rain: “Alexa, open rain sounds”
This command needs us to enable the Rain Sounds option in the settings after setting up we can hear to rain anytime.
30. Stop it: “Alexa, stop”
At last, this command is the most important and simple command that can be used anytime when Alexa starts replying with useless information.
Use these commands given above and get familiar with what Alexa can do. Also, know that some of the commands need us to set up the Alexa app according to what we want. Feel free and ask any crazy questions to Alexa because it will definitely have an answer.